Known as the ‘king of fruits’. Every Punjabi household will agree to that statement. Mangoes make everything better. Nothing compares to this juicy and delicious fruit, Mangoes are a staple in the summers, be it mango smoothies, juice or just eating the fruit. My house is the just the same we have an ‘over-the-top’ obsession with the fruit, especially my dad and I. We look forward to having them after dinner and at times have them in the day also. So I thought of changing things up and making some mousse for dessert.
I came across a super easy recipe, decided to tweak it a little it’s a 3 ingredient recipe. A quick recipe and it does not take much of time to chill and set. You can make this ahead of time like I did and let it set. You can make a vegan version of this by using dairy-free cream. A quarantine friendly recipe. Super luxurious, rich and decadent. You just can’t stop at one. So go ahead make this and fix those cravings!
- 2 large mangoes ( safeda or big yellow mangoes )
- 1 Tbsp sugar or as needed ( I skipped )
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp whipping cream ( low fat is ideal )
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla essence
- Chopped mango to garnish
- Puree the mangoes in a blender
- Blend it into a smooth puree
- Whisk the cream in a bowl using a electric hand-held machine or manually
- Beat till its whipped nicely and has soft peaks
- Mix in the puree, don’t over blend at this point
- Pour in glasses or utensil of choice and refrigerate
- Let it set for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Garnish with chopped mangoes and serve